19 December, 2007

oh, heavens

i'm nearing the end of my trip. you knew that because i've been mentioning it for the last like month. i don't mean to get all sentimental and gushy, but i'm a girl, so i can't realy help it. when i look back later, though, i don't wanna barf when i read my blog, so i'm gonna try to keep this upbeat. none of that "oh my gosh, i'm gonna miss paris so much and nothing will ever be the same again and my life is totally different" crap. it's SO cliché, and i find myself being a walking cliché way too much lately.

i have this big problem when i buy things (oh, wait, back up. it's not big in the way that poverty or political corruption are..more like a kind of minor issue in my life). i see it, think about it for a long time, then finally decide to buy it. then 63% of the time, i regret it. "ugh, nicki, you didn't really NEED that shirt. you already have plenty of shirts. you're not made of money."

i'm sort of doing that right now, except really trying to remind myself that i need to buy things now because it's a heck of a lot less expensive to get it now than fly back in a couple months to get it then (thanks for the perspective, mom).

on that note, i bought this book today that i've been thinking about for a couple weeks..i wish someone were waiting for me somewhere by anna gavalda. okay, yeah, it's chick lit. cry about it. it'll make for GREAT flight reading.

No comments: