24 October, 2007

**full**

tonight's dinner was AMAZING. it was turkey with sun dried tomato, lemon and garlic. it was so incredibly delicious that i literally moaned once. plus bread and cheese after (with that delicious fig and nut cheese i'm so in to) and vanilla choc chip ice cream. MMMMMM. imma miss french mom's cooking.

it's weird knowing that i'm living one of the most life changing times of...well...my life. mom asked me today what sort of things i've learned culturally (she had a hard time describing, and i understand why now...it's tough to word). the answer is i dont know...and i think i don't really want to analyze now. i've lived most of my life just doing whatever makes me happy right then, not doing things because i SHOULD (well, besides little things like let grandma brush my hair or send thank you cards for dumb gifts). in the beginning of my time here, i worried about going to only french places, and felt guilty for doing american things like going to mcdonalds. but you know what? screw it. if i want to go eat at "breakfast in america" and if i want to speak english whenever i can, then i will.

No comments: